By: Wonder Medical
Breast augmentation with implants also known as boob job. This is a surgical procedure that involves the placement of silicone implants under the breast tissue or muscle. Breast enlargement increase the size and shape of the breast. Surgery is performed under general anaesthesia and can take between one to three hours to complete this surgery. This is a cosmetic surgery procedure that is designed to increase the female breast with the insertion of silicon breast implants. Breast implants are inserted into the breasts and can be either above or below the chest muscle.
Benefits Of Breast Enlargement
The procedure can provide some benefits to patients who are not in confidence about the size and shape of their breasts.
• Increased breast size: The most obvious benefit of the procedure is an increase in breast size.
• Improved breast shape: Another benefit is to improve the shape of the breast. This will be beneficial for woman who have asymmetrical breasts.
• Increased self-confidence: Probably the most significant benefit of the boob job is that will give you self-confidence.
• Clothes fit better; With larger breasts your clothes will fit better and look more flattering.
Better proportions: Breast enlargement will also improve the overall proportions of a woman’s body.
Who Is Suitable for Breast Augmentation?
• People who have small breasts are suitable for breast enlargement.
• Breast asymmetry
• Loss of breast volume
• Changes of breast size and shape
Who Is Not Suitable?
• Under 18 years old
• Pregnant or breastfeeding
• Having radiation therapy or chemotherapy
• Have a serious infection.
HOW LONG DOES THE SURGERY LAST?
Enlargement of the breast will take from one to 2 hours under the general anaesthesia. Breast surgery in Turkey performs as a day case which means you can go home the same day to recover in the comfort of your home or one night to stay in the hospital. The surgeon wil decide for the best for you.
CAN YOU BREASTFEED AFTER HAVING IMPLANTS?
Many women may have breast augmentation while their young, fortunately having breast augmentation will not impact your pregnancy or breastfeeding. If you have any concerns its best to raise this issue with your surgeon.
CAN YOU STILL GET MAMMOGRAM FOR BREAST CANCER SCREENING?
Yes. You can still get mammogram after having breast enlargement. The Radiologists have become experts. You should make sure to tell the technician before having mammogram that you have undergone to breast surgery.
What Is the Recovery Period?
You will experience swelling, bruising and discomfort for couple of days after the surgery. You will be prescribed pain killers by your surgeon to give you some comfort. You will need to do breast massaging to speed up the healing process. You will need to take 2 weeks off from work for your own comfort.
You should also avoid for full 6 weeks.
• Lifting heavy weights
• Steam room
You should always wear a postoperative support bra after the breast enlargement surgery for 24 hours a day for the first 3 weeks then for 12 hours a day for the next 3 weeks.