DHI Hair Transplant
What is Hair Transplant
Baldness is one of the most common cosmetic problems, particularly for men. Hair transplantation is the procedure of moving hair follicles from one part of the body (donor area) to another part that is bald (recipient area). It is commonly used to treat male patients that suffer from hair loss, however female patients can benefit the procedure. Donor side is chosen among the areas where hair follicles are resistant to balding (such as the back or side of the head). The same technique can also be used to restore eyebrows, facial hair, chest hair etc. If done correctly, the procedure provides permanent and natural looking results.
WHAT IS DIRECT HAIR IMPLANTATION (DHI) TECHNIQUE HAIR TRANSPLANT?
Direct Hair Implantation, shortly DHI, is one of the newest techniques used in hair transplantation procedures. It requires no shaving of the hair except the donor areas. DHI method leaves no scars and the results have a more natural look compared to other methods. Similar to FUE method, hair follicles are extracted from the donor areas using a micro-motor tool with a tip smaller than 2 millimeters. However the implantation process differs.
In DHI method, an implanter tool called the Choi Pen is used during the implantation process. Extracted hair follicles are placed into the Choi Pen, and then implanted into the scalp. Choi Pen provides more control on the depth, angle and direction of the implanted grafts, leading to more natural results. Since the tiny tip of the Choi Pen pierces the skin and places the graft inside immediately, the skin is minimally damaged and has a better grip of the transplanted hair. Healing period is shorter compared to other methods, and patients can get back to work on the same day.
It is the only preferred method for hair transplantations that aim to increase hair density. Since no channels are opened on the scalp, your existing follicles won’t be harmed and transplantation can be done at the desired density. It is also known as no shave hair transplantation method.
It is commonly used worldwide. It should only be performed by a certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. For the best results, it is important to choose an experienced doctor who specializes on the procedure. During the procedure, both design and implanting are performed by Dr. Yusuf himself.
ADVANTAGES OF DIRECT HAIR TRANSPLANTATION (DHI)
- Newest method with highest percentage of successful results
- Higher density
- No incisions needed, minimally invasive with Choi Pen
- No damage on existing follicles
- Better control one depth, angle and direction for natural looking results
- Very fast healing
- No risk of drying hair follicles, survival rate significantly higher
- No shaving needed
STAGES OF GOLDEN PEN DHI HAIR TRANSPLANTATION:
- First examination (analyzing the level of hair loss, patients age, any other diseases, hair analysis, hair quality and density, scalp analysis of the recipient area, density of the donor area, number of follicles)
- Hair design; made by Dr. Yusuf considering the facial features and age of the patient
- Local anesthesia and one by one extraction of follicles from the donor area with a micro motor device.
Note: Sedation can be given if the patient want and if the medical condition is suitable
- Feeding and preparing the recipient area with a enhanced PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection. The blood flowing the scalp will increase and the best environment for the transferred follicles to survive is created.
- Extracted follicles are placed in Choi pens one by one.
- Follicles are transferred to bald areas through Choi pens in accordance with the designed hair.
FACTORS CONSIDERED BEFORE HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
To achieve successful and aesthetically pleasing results, certain factors need to be examined in detail by an experienced specialist.
To find the reason of hair loss at first, our specialists start with an analysis of the scalp, the balding and donor areas and the patient’s medical data. Information regarding the patients general health, diseases, medical history, medical conditions of family members etc. is collected to be evaluated. Most of the cases, the reason is male pattern hair loss related to genetics.
The hair density of the donor area needs to be examined before the procedure since follicles will be removed from this area. The donor area is analyzed with special tools, and the number of removable follicles without causing visible thinning is determined with calculations.
If there is no problem with the results of examinations, the patient is suitable for the hair transplantation. If the donor area doesn’t have enough follicles, the patient will be directed towards alternative treatment methods.
WHO ARE GOOD CANDIDATES FOR DHI HAIR TRANSPLANTS
Advanced cases of hair loss may benefit DHI hair transplantation. Patients older than 25 and who suffer from male or female pattern hair loss for 5 years may benefit the procedure. DHI hair transplantation can be an option when the patient doesn’t respond to medical treatments.