Rhinoplasty Nose Job
By: Wonder Medical
Rhinoplasty Nose Job
This procedure changes the shape and the size of the nose, commonly referred as ‘nose job’. In addition, rhinoplasty in Turkey can be the remedy for certain medical problems. These problems can include a broken nose, breathing problems and deviated septum and increase in confidence. Alter the angle between the nose and upper lip and straighten the nose. Surgery aims to help to achieve pleasing and natural looking nose that is in harmony with your face and improves its function if needed.
CLOSED: Closed approach is a minor reshaping procedure. Surgeon will make incisions within the nose to separate the skin from the bone to alter and reshape it.
OPEN: Open surgery in Turkey is a major nose aesthetic surgery for reshaping, altering, and helping to get rid of any medical problems if you are suffering. The surgery approximately takes 1.5 to 3 hours and generally is an outpatient procedure.
What Happens During The Surgery?
Rhinoplasty is typically an outpatient procedure, which means you go home the same day after the procedure. Someone must stay with you overnight after the surgery. You may receive general anaesthesia you may have local anaesthesia [ your nose is numbed] and intravenous sedation [you are relaxed, but not asleep]. The surgery might take place at a hospital or medical facility.
What Happens After a Rhinoplasty Surgery?
• You may have a small splint to minimize swelling and maintain your nose’s new shape while it heals. You will wear the splint for one or two weeks.
• Cotton gauze may be placed inside your nose. You can remove the packing according to your doctor’s instructions, normally after 24 to 48 hours after the surgery.
• Swelling and bruising can seem around the nose and ayes. This can take a couple of weeks to resolve.
• You may experience some mild facial swelling in the morning for up to 6 months.
Advantages of Rhinoplasty
• Changing the shape and size of the nose
• Improving facial appearance
• Correcting any structural abnormalities of the nose as a deviated septum
• Improve the quality of your breathing.
• Increasing self confidence
• Eliminating self-consciousness
• Alleviating sleep apnoea symptoms
• Increase happiness with the way you feel about how your face looks
• Reshaping the tip of the nose
• Adjusting nostril size and shape
• Straightening a crooked nose
• Removing a bump or hump on the bridge of the nose
Recovery Time for Rhinoplasty
It can take up to a year after the rhinoplasty surgery for full recovery. Swelling will last for about 4-6 weeks after surgery. Swelling will disappear slowly after couple of months. Between three months to a year your nose is still healing and swelling might still be present. You will see the best results after the nose completely heals. However, time for recovery varies depending on the individual.
• Avoid blowing your nose for at least two weeks after rhinoplasty surgery.
• Avoid heavy lifting or bending down.
• Avoid heavy exercise and sports.
• Have warm baths rather than showers whilst bandages and splint are in place.
• Avoid facial expressions as they may stretch the nose area.